Monday, August 1, 2022

Common Art - Final Summer Sprint Delivery

It's here at long last - the finished Metroid VR experience!  For the last sprint, I fixed the texture seam on the arm cannon, tweaked the metallic value of it after checking how it looked in the headset, and created a secondary UV set so that Ismael could set up a glow material to make the end of the gun more emissive.  For that, I laid out the UVs so the arm cannon was basically cut and flattened in the same order as the physical object, right to left.  I also made sure the textures on the player's other hand were connected properly, and then modeled and textured a new item - a spike that comes out of the EMMI's face plates if it kills the player.

https://youtube.com/shorts/8I4ZllhjZ8E link to final VR test - checking out the player's hand and arm cannon in the headset

No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Art Summer Project 3 - Week 3.5

We only had a few days since the last turn-in to perfect this project, but I've definitely made some changes.  I wasn't happy with h...