Monday, August 1, 2022

3D Art Summer Project 3 - Week 3

I am on track with this project, but the materials still need some tuning and extra detail for sure.  This week, I started from scratch with lighting and post-processing to have something built from the ground up, made some new materials, updated UVs on several models, designed 8 custom overhead advertisements and 7 fliers/paper scraps, figured out how to set up decals in UE and made a custom decal.  Many of the designs around the train incorporate pieces of art or concepts created by peers or references to media I enjoy, and I had a lot of fun making these.  I also definitely had fun with decals, and will be adding more to really give this subway personality.

Week 1: modular kit blocked out, setup and first lighting pass in UE, plan trim sheets

Week 2: finish modeling/game-res, first pass of materials, 2nd lighting pass, finalize layout


Week 3: finalize materials, first surfacing/decals pass, 3rd lighting pass

Week 4: finish surfacing/decals, final lighting pass, fix any remaining issues




No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Art Summer Project 3 - Week 3.5

We only had a few days since the last turn-in to perfect this project, but I've definitely made some changes.  I wasn't happy with h...